Preparation time 25 to 30'
• 1/2 fresh Pineapple (if you use canned pineapple, it will still be good!)
• 2 tbsp. of white Vinegar
• 1/3 tsp. Chilli powder
• 3 Cloves
• 3 grains of Pepper
• 1 tbsp. Cumin (powder, or seeds to be broken in a mortar)
• a pinch of Sea salt
• 70 to 80 gr (2.5 to 3 oz) of Sugar (I generally use half brown sugar and half white)
• 1 small tooth of Garlic (peel, stem in the middle, and cut into small pieces)
• 1 small piece of fresh Ginger (about (40-50 gr - 1.5 to 2 oz)
Peel and cut the pineapple.
Grate the ginger.
In a saucepan with some water in the bottom (enough for the pineapple pieces that we'll add later to be half-way submerged), add the vinegar and spices (except the garlic and ginger) over low heat for a few minutes.
Then add the pineapple, garlic and ginger. Let simmer for about 15 to 20', stirring occasionally, until pineapple chunks are cooked (they soften) ... Your Pineapple Chutney is then ready.
Recipe contributed by Philippe Schell
Permission to copy and reproduce is granted, as long as you credit the author and mention the Vegetarian Week or the link: http://www.vegetarianweek.org/Article-48-Pineapple-Chutney.html
Insert date: 2013.06.09 Last update: 2015.06.05