Vegetarian Week 2010
Now the Vegetarian Week 2010 is over. Here is a list of known activities that took place.
The Institute for Environmental Policy promoted a wide campaign, in the Internet and the national mass media.
See the website
- Vegdining.com promotes the International Vegetarian Week for restaurants.
- Toronto Vegetarian Association promoted the third Annual Totally Fabulous Vegan Bake-off, on October 2.
- Dorit, of Serenity Spaces, gave a talk about the Vegetarian Week in Weightwise & Healthy Lifestyle Expo, in Toronto.
- Winnipeg Vegetarian Association held a dinner for 57 people at Affinity Vegetarian Garden.
Association Végétarienne de France promoted the "Journées Mondiales Végétariennes". More details.
Sonadi had posters promoting the vegetarian diet on their vans.
Indonesia Vegetarian Society (IVS) organised the 39th International Vegetarian Union congress: in Jakarta 1-6 and Bali 7-9 October 2010. More details.
Budaveg offered accommodation discounts in bookings in between 1 and 7 October.
See the website maintained by AgireOra Network for a complete list of activities.
The Animal Life Foundation promoted a mediatic campaign in which people were challenged not to eat fish or meat. More details.
New Zealand Vegetarian Society held the Vegetarian Food & Lifestyle Festival, in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. More details.
See the website maintained by Centro Vegetariano for a complete list of activities.
Societatea Vegetarienilor din Romania promoted the vegetarian week and those activities:
- Oct. 7th: a first organizing get-together for an action-discussion group on animal rights;
- Oct. 8th: screening the film Earthlings at a local vegetarian cafe-restaurant in Bucarest;
- The whole week: handing out flyers about the advantages of being vegetarian.
VITA, Animal Rights Center promoted the campaign, in the Internet and the national mass media, by organising TV programs, promoting books, vegan recipes, and interviews. More details.
Turkey Vegetarian club organised an animal-rights rally, a panel discussion at Bahcesehir University and a cocktail.
VIVA! promoted the March for Farmed Animals in London, October 2.
United States of America
- San Francisco Vegetarian Society organised the 11th World Veg Festival, 2-3 October. More details.
- Compassion for Animals organised leaflet distribution campaigns. More details.
Some activities were promoted on a global range, including:
- Green Lifestyle Festival - promoted several vegan cooking videos online.
- Webnethouse - offered 1 year free hosting for new accounts opened during the Vegetarian Week (domain not inc.).
- Samara Foundation highlighted the video "Conscious Nutrition" in their websites and newsletters.
See some pictures of selected events.