This is a non comprehensive list of the activities scheduled for 2011. If you know of other activities, please inform us.
ALBANIA: There will be a conference for animal rights and vegetarian lifestyle, promotion of a book for animal rights and a vegetarian brochure. For the complete program follow Institute for Environmental Policy.
ARGENTINA: Unión Vegetariana Argentina promotes the 6th Vegetarian Congress in the Vegetarian Week.
AUSTRALIA: VegSA will host a picnic on 3 October, among other promotional activities such as media campaigns.
- It's the 3rd Anniversary of Meatless Monday (MM) campaing in Sao Paulo - with a Festival with many attractions and the launching of MM in Piracicaba. For details follow SVB website.
- SVB will also promote a meeting in the University of Pernambuco.
- Rádio Defesa dos Animais will also be promoting the event.
- Winnipeg Vegetarian Association will be active during the week, starting with a dinner October 1.
- Toronto Vegetarian Association will hold a veg book sale 1 October.
CZECH REPUBLIC: Veggie Parade will promote different activities starting 1 October and extending until November:
1. - Veggie bazar in the park in Prague (selling out old clothes and different stuff, vegan grill and snacks, music, leaflets, speeches)
2. - Vegetarian Day (held every year by the Vegetarian society in Prague, many lectures whole day, vegan food etc.)
15-16. - Conference Critical Animal Studies in Prague (plus on 15 march like a funeral in Prague for all animals killed by humans)
1.11.- Vegan day (Cultural evening with different music concerts and informations)
INDIA: Beauty Without Cruelty issues a special newsletter.
INDONESIA: The Asian Vegetarian Union, Indonesia Vegetarian Society and Vegan Society of Indonesia will have celebrations in the Batan island October 1-2.
- See AgireOra's web page with resources and plans in Italian.
- Equology will promote the Vegetarian Week in Milan in selected restaurants and other veg-friendly places. The event is named Veg Hip Week. More information.
- In Rome, Via Pasino 26-Via degli Armatori 3, there will be a stall during the Garbatella Jazz Festival (1 October), with CDs, books, flyers, leaflets and a petition for the abolition of foie grass.
NETHERLANDS: Dutch Vegetarian Society promotes the Vegetarian RestaurantWeek for restaurants, where tens (possibly hundreds) of restaurants will promote vegetarian dishes at cheaper prices. More details.
- San Francisco Vegetarian Society is promoting the 11th World Veg Festival, in San Francisco, October 1-2. The winners of the Vegetarian Week contest will be announced in this festival.
- Compassion for Animals will promote leafleting event. See more information or join.
- Middle East: Middle East Veg Group is promoting IVW in social networks and different campaigns.
- The Vegetarian Week promotes an idea contest.
- EVANA promotes the Vegetarian Week by distributing all the media material and contributing a 50 euros voucher to the Vegetarian Week contest.
- VegDining.com promotes the Vegetarian Week and contributes 8 VegDining cards to the Vegetarian Week contest.
- Discounts on web hosting and web design at webnethouse.com.
- VEGAN 2050 offers free ads for commercial and non-commercial ads that are according to the VEGAN ideal.
Permission to copy and reproduce is granted, as long as you credit the author and mention the Vegetarian Week or the link: http://www.vegetarianweek.org/Article-39-Activities-2011.html
Insert date: 2011.07.02 Last update: 2011.10.01